BABY SLEEP TRAINER LLC
Last modified: September 20, 2018
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.babysleeptrainer.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic communication between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by us or any third party.
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is intended for adults 18 years of age and older and is thus not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, (ii) register on the Website, (iii) make any purchases through the Website, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or (v) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
US Residents Only
Information We Collect from You and How We Collect It
If you sign up for services provided through the Website, we collect information, including:
- your name, age, physical address, email address, telephone number, and date of birth
- your child’s name and age.
- about any requests or transactions you submit to or conduct with us through our Website, including transactions using credit, debit, or other financial account number that are processed through our third party ;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as internet protocol address and your geographic location; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms or questionnaires on our Website. This includes information provided when contacting us, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automated technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information helps us improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Click Tracking. Click tracking is a tool used to determine and record what a user clicks on while browsing through the Website. Our Website may use click tracking to conduct market research and software testing.
- Web Beacons. The Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited certain pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present the Website and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information that you request from us.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.These include the following:
- Mailchimp – We use Mailchimp for many of our emailing and marketing tasks. More information about Mailchimp’s data practices may be found online at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- ActiveCampaign – We use ActiveCampaign for many of our emailing and marketing tasks. More information about Active Campaign’s data practices may be found online at https://www.activecampaign.com/privacy-policy/.
- Stripe – We use Stripe for many of our payment processing tasks. More information about Stripe’s data practices may be found online at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Baby Sleep Trainer’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Baby Sleep Trainer about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Baby Sleep Trainer, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Baby Sleep Trainer. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may opt out of future e-mails by following the “unsubscribe” process at the bottom of the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Facebook Custom Audience Ads. We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through a tool offered by Facebook called the Custom Audience Tool. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with Facebook. The tool lets Baby Sleep Trainer convert your e-mail address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers Facebook generates from e-mail addresses of its users. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page (http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/), and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings (http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/).
We and our partners have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These include the use of SSL encryption, firewalls, administrative access level controls, and employee training.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website, submitted by you, information gathered about you, or information stored by us. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Baby Sleep Trainer’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to email@example.com. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests via written mail, telephone, or facsimile will not be accepted. The e-mail subject line and the content of your request must include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your name and e-mail address. Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.